The Brain Bank of the Brazilian Aging Brain Study Group is committed to sharing these resources with the wider aging and AD research community to accelerate the pace at which new knowledge is created for the treatment and prevention of dementia and other age-related chronic neurologic conditions.
If you are interested in using data from the Brain Bank of the Brazilian Aging Brain Study Group, please review the Data Sharing Policy as well as the Data Material Transfer Agreement before submitting a request for data or specimens. You will need to create an account (with username and password) to use the request system.
The application process is implemented through a web-based form. As each page is completed the form is saved. Any page can be updated at any time before the form is submitted.
- Principal Investigator or Project Leader
- Study Information
- For funded projects - funding source, agency, grant number
- For preliminary projects - preliminary funding source, planned submission agency, due date, allowable costs
- Experimental Plan
- Clinical data for analyses
- Brief analytic plan
- Other Information
- Review and Submit
Submit the Request
From this point on, the web system will direct the next steps. The system will send updates to email address of primary investigator. You may want to consider using the address of another staff member who will be in charge of tracking progress.
Committee - Your request will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee of the Brain Bank of the Brazilian Aging Brain Study Group
3 outcomes (all notified to applicant via email)
- Rejected - explanation will be given.
- Returned for revisions prior to approval.
The next step occurrs following approval.
- Obtain signatures on master Data Use Agreement and project specific exhibit from your institution's research office. For more information and actual agreements, see the transfer agreements forms page. You should start immediately after request approval as this step can sometimes take as much as a few months to work through.
After agreement is fully executed and saved on file at Univeristy of Sao Paulo, you will receive your data.